Installing the bloom plugin in a causal cluster

So I've configured a 3-VPS 1-read-replica-vps Enterprise deployment on Google Cloud Services. Super pleased with it, but I'd like to use Bloom and, currently, I can't. Does anyone have any clear instructions on what I need to do to install plugins on these servers? I read that I need to put the plugins (no specific location is mentioned in the official docs, which are all that Google brings up) on every system, but also that I should only configure one server to serve Bloom. How should I handle this?

Cheers,
Ellie

hi @lytellie you have to set the plugin in this path neo4j-home/plugins, I would choose the read replica to use with bloom

Oh, that's quite simple! Do I need to take all the servers offline or just the replica?

Also, relatedly; I think I've overshot the amount of processing power I need for my causal cluster. If I wanted to drop a VM or even 2 what configuration changes would I need to make? The docs are not specific on this.

Cheers,
Ellie

well you need to change the memory

# Java Heap Size: by default the Java heap size is dynamically calculated based
# on available system resources. Uncomment these lines to set specific initial
# and maximum heap size.
dbms.memory.heap.initial_size=4G
dbms.memory.heap.max_size=4G

# The amount of memory to use for mapping the store files.
# The default page cache memory assumes the machine is dedicated to running
# Neo4j, and is heuristically set to 50% of RAM minus the Java heap size.
dbms.memory.pagecache.size=2G

and you need to follow this steps with the new VM https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/tutorial/local-causal-cluster/

1 Like