Importing a OWL file to Neo4j

Dear Neo4J community,

I am very new to Neo4j and have been learning about to use it. I want to try it out with an ontologies file that I have access to.
The ontologie file is a .owl

Can someone please tell me how this can be done?
Again, I am a beginner and would appreciate detailed explanations :slight_smile:
Thank you for your help!

@matt8mb
Welcome to Neo4j
You can import a .owl file using Neosemantics which provides examples as well as instruction for installation

@dana_canzano
Thank you for your relpy.
I have been able to import it in Neo4J.
However, the nodes are not made according to the classes, as well as the relations.
Any tips on how to fix this?

@matt8mb

However, the nodes are not made according to the classes, as well as the relations.

do you have specific details?

Thank you for your answer.
Basically I am trying to import this: https://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Thing

But when I do, the nodes do not correspond to the ones I am aiming to have.

Here is what I get:

@matt8mb

do you have more detail of what 'the ones I am aiming to have` is ?

My aim is to import the OWL document and have it presented in Neo4J as it is in the original document. This means I am looking at having the same classes (administrative unit, crop, plot etc.).

Hi @matt8mb the n10s.onto.import.* procedures import only a subset of the statements in your ontology as described in the manual.
The ontology you're trying to load makes heavy use of predicates outside the set covered by these methods. I'd suggest you try the n10s.rdf.import.* methods instead.
Let us know if that improves things.

It would be great to know what's your objective importing the onto in to neo4j? Is it visual exploration? Or are you gaming for more advanced (programmatic) use? Anything you can share?

Thanks,

JB.