How to return node with most incoming relationships of a specific type

Hi all,

I have a list of Products and Persons. A Product can have relationships to different Persons, such as "hasProductOwner", "hasDeveloper", "hasTechnicalWriter", etc. (these are effectively roles that a person can have for a Product).

A Person can have multiple roles for the same Product or across different Products.

I want to find the Person with the most roles across all Products (i.e. the count), as well as I want to list all the roles that this person has against which product.

I am running this query, which gets me the results, but a) it says it's deprecated and b) how do I filter that I only want to count relationship between Product and Person of a certain type (e.g. only "hasProductOwner", "hasDeveloper", "hasTechnicalWriter") ?

This gives me the count

MATCH (pr:Product`)-[r*0..1]-(pe:Person`)

WITH pe, count(r) as rs

RETURN pe.lastName, rs

ORDER BY rs DESC

This gives me the list of relationships

WITH pe, collect(r) as rs

RETURN pe.lastName, rs

This gives me an error, as the type() function expect a relationship, not a list of relationships

WITH pe, collect(type(r)) as rs

RETURN pe.lastName, rs

Many thanks

Thanks for your answer!

I read a bit more about the collect() function and ended up writing this, which works well.

MATCH (pr:Product)-[r]->(pe:Person)
WITH pe, collect({role:type(r), product: pr.uri}) as rolesOnProducts, count(r) as roleCount
RETURN pe.lastName as "Last Name", roleCount, rolesOnProducts
ORDER BY roleCount DESC

Best regards

Hello @argytzak :slightly_smiling_face:

MATCH path=(product:Product)-[r*0..1]-(person:Person)
WITH person, [relationship IN relationships(path) | type(relationship)] AS types
RETURN person.lastName, types

Regards,
Cobra