How to Connect to a Project with Node.js

Hello,

I made a project database in Neo4j Desktop and ran some queries in Neo4j Browser. Now I'm trying to add a couple nodes via Node.js running a JavaScript file, but it's not working. Here's the code in the JavaScript file:

const neo4j = require('neo4j-driver');

const driver = neo4j.driver(

'neo4j://localhost:7687',

neo4j.auth.basic('neo4j', 'neo4j')

);

const session = driver.session()

session.run('CREATE (n1:flashcard {English: "Hello"}), (n2:flashcard {English: "Goodbye"})');

session.close();

driver.close();

I'm not sure that I have the right URI in neo4j.driver(). Where am I supposed to get it? I ran :sysinfo in the browser and it listed the database name as neo4j and the address as localhost:7687, which is what I put.

Your code looks basically OK, but it's hard to figure out what's going wrong without the error message.

Paste the full output of your program.

There is no output. It just runs the program, and then I check the database in the browser, and see that two nodes haven't been added. What should I do?

By the way, it looks like the :server status command in the browser gives me the right URI.

How do you check the existing nodes in your Neo4j?

With MATCH (n) RETURN n in the Neo4j browser.

There must be something missing in the provided information, for now everything looks good.

How to specify the local DBMS. Databases (system and neo4j) are created under DBMS on local desktop.

hi
did you manage to connect to neo4j desktop? do you have a solution?