You'll need to trigger a Cypher command, somehow. That could be an API method you add to Neo4j via a plugin. Though that's much trickier than you might think (I'm almost ready to publish an open plugin like this). Before you go too deep, check the import guide:
- Plugin to tweak the api, and handle the upload.
- Driver on the server-side. Running Node.js as a middleman to provide the resource (server-side to handle the POST request) to receive and save the csv, then trigger the Cypher import command.
- Use the Bolt driver in the client, to trigger the Cypher import command.
- You'd have to build a way to make the CSV file accessible to Neo4j. That can be a url to the file (with some Neo configuration tweaks), or the file can be put in the
- Alternatively, you could parse the CSV in the client, and convert it into a set of native Cypher commands that would not require uploading the file.
However, both of these utilities require the file to already exist somewhere Neo can access.
- Parse the csv in the client, and built the Cypher commands to MERGE/CREATE Nodes.