In Neo4j 3.0 and its implementation of the Bolt protocol, if a remote browser connects to Neo4j (http://<remote_neo4j_host>:7474) and attempts to authenticate, the following error may be encountered:
[red]#WebSocket connection failure.
Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver.
Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure.
Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems.
If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use.
WebSocket readyState is: 3#
This error can be resolved by editing the file $NEO4J_HOME/conf/neo4j.conf and uncommenting:
# To have Bolt accept non-local connections, uncomment this line:
I am having the same issue. I have deployed thee different Neo4j community AMI's(3.4.4), two via the console and one via a CFT. All fail trying to connect via the browser. I need this to work without having to edit the files once deployed. The market place AWS AMI of Neo4j works fine. But they do not load in the free tier. Just wanted it to work.....
@dana_canzano I am still at a loss as to how to get this working. What you recommended hasn't work and I haven't been able to get the other recommendations on here to solve my problem either....
This is what I currently have set:
I'm having this issue too. My browser is pulling up SOMETHING, but I have no idea what or from where... I tried uninstalling everything locally, removing everything related to neo4j, but bolt://localhost:7687/browser will still load a mysterious database from somewhere... that's NOT the one in my docker container that I can read/write access with my python script. I want to see it with the browser so I can see what's going on, and can't for the life of my figure out how to connect it, or what the heck this other thing is connected to.
I had been having this same problem, and tried all of the above. However, I just discovered that the local RHEL firewall on my server had a mis-typed port. I had added 7867 instead of 7687. So what finally fixed it for me is the line:
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=7687/tcp --zone=internal
and then reloading the rules:
Don't know if this will solve everyone's issues, but did in my case.