Entity Framework

Hello community,

I am new to neo4j and very interested in this.
As I am a .Net developer it would be great to integrate this db into my project as a replacement for MS SQL and Entity Framework. Is there a solution to have neo4j in combination with entity framework?

I only found this very old and maybe not supported repo on github

Thanks for you help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any news on this topic ? indeed a dotnetcore entity framework (ef-core) implementation would be interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

EDIT: Not sure how a 6 month old topic popped up on my notifications, but the reply still stands so I won't delete it out of embarrasment :slight_smile:

Hi @augiaugi,

Welcome to the community. I've created a nuget package that we use internally that might help. It has some useful extensions for mapping data from graph to class objects instead of using the INode and IRelationship interfaces (we have a requirement for a strong-typed domain layer).

It's not currently open source, but the intention is to make the repo public on github at some point.

I will say this, neo4j with .NET is by far one of my favorite pairings in my 20 years of dev experience.

Welcome to the community!
-Mike

Great to get a response for this wonderful topic.
Hope to see more in the future.

@mdfrenchman will you post updates here in the future?

Sure! I'll do that if there's interest. I've only been adding to it as I come across uses that I need internally but once it's open sourced I'll start taking enhancement requests.