Downloading and Setting APOC to my local

Hello Community!

I did download the APOC.jar file and followed the instructions from one of the posts but I failed. I am trying to look into it tomorrow again, however, it's confusing b/c I am not sure which APOC posts are up to date(versions are different) and each post is slightly different.

As of now I just want to download and have basic settings so I could follow my tutorials.

Could you recommend a link or resource for me to follow the instructions to correctly set up the APOC for the current version?
GitHub - neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures: Awesome Procedures On Cypher for Neo4j - codenamed "apoc"                     If you like it, please ★ above ⇧             This is what I found so far to try tomorrow but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Respectfully,

Petra Lee

Hi @plee,
The GitHub link you have found should have everything you need to start using APOC!
The version compatibility can be found on the GitHub page you have.
Since you mentioned current version which is Neo4j 4.1, you will need to download the latest release of APOC (4.1.0.0) from here : Release 4.1.0.0 · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures · GitHub
Also, don't forget to make changes to the neo4j.conf file as mentioned on the Github repo.

dbms.security.procedures.unrestricted=apoc.*
dbms.security.procedures.whitelist=apoc.*
1 Like

In desktop just add it as a plugin.

On a Linux server find the latest release at Releases · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures · GitHub and copy the link.

cd /var/lib/neo4j/plugins
wget

Add settings mentioned above to the config and restart the server and it should be fine.

1 Like