Hey Everyone. I am building my first production project that is going to use Neo4j.
I am trying to model the organization Data.
Things I care about are:
- noticing a change in the data... For example, the employee performance score, or marital status changes over time. in order to query changes over time in the employee status (in many types of parameters).
- the ability to compare one employee to another. e.g check the number of vacation days of all the employees in the company and finding the average and standard deviation of the number of vacation days the employees take in a year.
- the obvious graph of the general employment tree of who manages who, and who belongs to what department in the company, etc..
I save on each employee over 100 parameters... (which will probably get pretty fast to 500 parameters on each employee.
So Basically my questions are
- how can I decide which of them to save on an EmployeeState node and what to create a new label for?
- what are the best practices to save changes so I can query the deltas over a specific period of time? (the startAt, endAt saving on the edge? Using treeTime? saving for each type of node a relation from type USED_TO_BE to another node of the same label?)
- What is the best way to support 100-500 different parameters connected to a single entity?