CLI in Neo4j desktop 1.2.4

Hi Michael, i am hoping you can help me with a neo4j problem. I think i have traced it to a root cause but your help on net steps would be really appreciated.

I started using Neo4j on my work computer on windows v3.5. Due to firewall and security lock downs i cannot upgrade Neo4j or download apoc etc. So I decided to move to my home computer running Ubuntu 18.04.

I took a dump of the database from the work computer, copied to the home computer. Installed neo4j desktop 1.2.4. created a new empty database v4.0. I had some trouble running the load command, but after Java JVM upgrades etc. I'm getting this error.

Error: Could not find or load main class org.neo4j.cli.AdminTool
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.neo4j.cli.AdminTool

I found a similar thread on this site that talked about Command Line not working yet in v4. Have i understood this correctly if so what are my options?

I could wait for the command line to work? any idea when this will be?
Can i create a database with version 3.5 and this will work?
I could load all the csv files that i did the first time but that is about 100 files!

Are there any other solutions that I haven't thought of?

I use the database to prepare stats for the live commentary of the world cup climbing events which start in April so my fall back is to carry on using the work computer, but I wanted to check I was correct that the command line doesnt work yet. And that its not just a mistake on my part.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

regards
Paul