APOC on Aura updated?

Dear Neo4J-Team,

We use a query to obtain a path (chapters, subchapters and text-elements of books) and at the end of the query, we collect the elements of the path and convert them to a tree by using apoc.convert.toTree.

Now - suddenly - this conversion at the end breaks up the ordering of the elements which made during the query.

Everything worked fine until a few days ago (I can't tell the exact time when this happens). So my question is: have you updated the APOC-version on Aura very recently and have you changed the apoc.convert.toTree-procedure?

THX, JJJ

1 Like

Hi @janezic ,

Looking into this with the team, there may be a relevant PR. Does this look like it may have affected your use?

-ABK

Dear Andreas,

THX for your quick reply. I have to say that I'm not a developer myself, but as far as I understand that this bugfix has been released in April already. So this cannot be the cause for this "behavior" we encounter since last week.

Which version of APOC is used in Aura and was this updated in the last few days? This is the only explanation we have for this behavior...

THX, JJJ

1 Like

The deployed version on Aura is delayed, after an APOC release gets rolled into a DBMS release, which gets picked for deployment on Aura. Even then the current version may differ across accounts until everybody has been upgraded.

To check the version of APOC, you can call

return apoc.version()

-ABK

1 Like

THX again, I have already performed the version test -> 4.3.0.0.

How can I see which versions were applicable to my account in let's say the last two weeks? So that I can check if there was an update? We don't get our query work properly (as it worked before).

1 Like

Unfortunately there isn't something like a changelog or update event log available. That is information the team is trying to figure out how and where to surface.

A bit more laboriously, you could configure integration tests against different versions of Neo4j. Are you running those locally, or also against Aura?

-ABK

We are running our website against Aura only. I mean we could create a local "sub-graph" (just the nodes we need for testing the query) and setting up a test-environment, but as you said: this is laborious.

Is there somewhere a source, where we can see, what the previous version of APOC were and what has changed from "version a" to "version b"?

There isn't a human written changelog or release notes for APOC. The best source of information about the changes is the commit log for 4.3.0.0 which you can review here:

Searching that for toTree you'll see where that was added back in November of last year, then updated in April.

The release itself looks like it was produced in June:

It's possible that you were only recently upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3. Unfortunately I do not have a way to check.

-ABK

1 Like

We have checked it now a bit more intensively (not by different versions of Apoc but the problem itself).
We have paths which we collect in a list of paths. This list is ordered and contains paths of various length.
Running apoc.conver.toTree re-orders the list of paths by the length of the paths DESC which are part of the list. So paths of length 3 appear first, thereafter paths of length 2, even if the list was ordered differently before.
I have created a bug report in