cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to neo4j bolt server using container IP

Team,

I am trying to spin up neo4j container and neovis(node) container in a cloud server in the same network. The issue is when I provide the internal IP of the neo4j container for const driver = neo4j.driver('bolt://neo4jcontainerIP', neo4j.auth.basic('neo4j', 'password')); it cannot connect or fetch the data.

But when I provide a public IP of the host where neo4j is running const driver = neo4j.driver('bolt://publicIP', neo4j.auth.basic('neo4j', 'password')); it works without any issues

Can you please assist me how to pull the data into the neovis frontend using neo4j container IP?

const neo4j = require('neo4j-driver');

const driver = neo4j.driver('bolt://localhost', neo4j.auth.basic('neo4j', 'password'));

module.exports = driver;

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

2 REPLIES 2

dominicvivek06
Graph Fellow

Hi @vchinnipilli , if you are using AWS, can you please check if both the EC2 instances are in the same VPC and Availability zones ?

Hi Dominic,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have my containers running in the same vpc, same network and they can talk to each other. when I give public IP of my neo4j Db it is working without any issues in the browser using node application. But when I use the container IP, it doesn't load.

Regards,
Vasant

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.