cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neosemantics hangs on neo4j Desktop on MacOS

bvasu
Node
  • which OS do you use? MacOS 10.15.5
  • neo4j version, desktop version, browser version: Version 1.3.0 (1.3.0.18)
  • which plugins / extensions / procedures do you use: Neosemantics(n10s) 4.0

I have installed the neo4j Community edition on Ubuntu 16.04 along with neosemantics(n10s) 4.00.

I used neosemantics to successfully import an rdf/xml Classes file and an rdf/xml Instances file which were created via an rdf/xml export from Protege 3.5. There were tens of thousands of lines between the two files but all seemed to import reasonably fast and completely. I successfully executed some Cypher queries, etc. after the imports.

I then installed neo4j Desktop on my MacOS 10.15.5. with 8Gb memory and also added the neosemantics plugin there.

However, when I tried to load the same rdf/xml files into neo4j Desktop neosemantics just hangs and the log file shows many lines like the following:
WARN [o.n.k.i.c.VmPauseMonitorComponent] Detected VM stop-the-world pause: {pauseTime=167, gcTime=0, gcCount=0}

I have run neo4j-admin memrec and adjusted the neo4j.conf file to match but there is no change, it still just hangs.

What else do I need to change?

Thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bvasu
Node

I have been able to solve this, thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bvasu
Node

I have been able to solve this, thanks!

What was the solution?

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.