cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo4j Tried to read a field larger than buffer size 2097152

skmn_88
Node Link

neo4j Tried to read a field larger than buffer size 2097152. A common cause of this is that a field has an unterminated quote and so will try to seek until the next quote, which ever line it may be on. This should not happen if multi-line fields are disabled, given that the fields contains no new-line characters

4 REPLIES 4

abk
Neo4j
Neo4j

Hi @skmn.88 ,

Could you provide some more context about what you are trying to do?

Best,
ABK

skmn_88
Node Link

I am trying to import the data from csv file and im facing the above error.

I increased the dbms.import.csv.buffer_size to 209715200. But error still keeps on coming

moi_yhchen
Node

Hi,

I got the same error like the following when i tried to import csv as node through py2neo.

py2neo.errors.DatabaseError: [Statement.ExecutionFailed] Tried to read a field larger than buffer size 2097152. A common cause of this is that a field has an unterminated quote and so will try to seek until the next quote, which ever line it may be on. This should not happen if multi-line fields are disabled, given that the fields contains no new-line characters. 

The cypher that i used is ¨

USING PERIODIC COMMIT
LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM 'file:///file.csv' AS row
CREATE (: labelName{ id: toInteger(row.id), ....});

Regards,
yhchen

skmn_88
Node Link

The csv file was too huge and i was getting the above error. I splitted the csv file into 3 and import was successful without any issues... Hope that will work for that for u is well

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.