Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up graph projection for GDS community detection algorithm

andy_hegedus
Graph Voyager

Hi,
Newbie - here.
Attached is the schema I am working on. I have been working on community detection algorithms focusing on the patent nodes and how they are connected. That seems to be going well.
The extension I am working on now is looking how the cpc nodes cluster to the patent nodes.
Each patent will have at least 1 and often several (5-10) Classified_as relationships with various cpc nodes. I am interested in seeing if there are clusters of cpc nodes that are often attached to a patent.
3X_d_e_de5f19d1eca59a37bb58990f5230fb95c7e9dfb0.png

The first thing I am working on is creating the appropriate graph projection in gds and this is where I think I am going wrong. Here is my starting point. Note: the validateRelationships was added because I was getting an error on a node and was suggested it.

call gds.graph.create.cypher('test3',
'MATCH (a:cpc) return id(a) as id',
'MATCH (:company{name:"name1"})-[:Assigned_to]-(b:patent)-[:Classified_as]-(a:cpc) return id(a) AS source, id(b) AS target',{validateRelationships:FALSE});

A graph is created but without any relationships

So I don't think I am going down the right path. What guidance is there to do this analysis?
Andy

1 REPLY 1

Cobra
Ninja
Ninja

Hello @andy.hegedus

CALL gds.graph.create.cypher(
    "test3",
    "MATCH (n) WHERE n:cpc OR n:company OR n:patent RETURN id(n) AS id, labels(n) AS labels",
    "MATCH (:company {name: 'name1'})<-[:Assigned_to]-(b:patent)-[:Classified_as]->(a:cpc) return id(a) AS source, id(b) AS target",
    {validateRelationships: FALSE})
)

Regards,
Cobra

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.