Did you mean: 

Invalid number of relationship groups

tard_gabriel
Ninja
Ninja

Hi there

I was using the neo4j-admin import tool then I got this error:

Invalid number of relationship groups

First, what is a relationship group in Neo4j?
We can find this name in the neo4j operation manuel store format section as a store format limit.

I attached the complete command output as a txt file.
output.txt (14.7 KB)

2 REPLIES 2

Rcolinp
Ninja
Ninja

Hi Gabriel!

To address your first question, taking a look at the attached output.txt - I believe relationship group is referring to relationship types. (i.e. distinct relationships in the graph you are attempting to create). I imagine you aren't attempting to import >65,536 distinct relationship types provided your node count etc.

Looking at that output.txt further - relationship linking (step 3/4 in neo4j-admin import) took >30 minutes to complete while other steps only took seconds. In addition, the following import error Import error: Invalid number of relationship groups for node 20 65536 is indicative that you have exceeded the distinct amount of relationship types Neo4j can handle (65,536 distinct relationships - or "relationship groups"). Reference -> explanation-of-error-record-id-65536

Taking a deeper look at the contents of the import files (neo4j_relationships_header.csv & neo4j_relationships.csv) would confirm if this is indeed the issue you are encountering.

Happy to help you further debug your input files/further investigate what is occurring! Feel free to loop back!

Best,
Rob

tard_gabriel
Ninja
Ninja

Hi Rob, thanks for the well writed answer.

But I don't clearly understand the difference between relationship types and groups as both of these exists as a limit in the doc. Also, I'm using the high limit storage format so my limit should not be 65 536.

I can confirm that by using the store format command line

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.