cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to install plugins in neo4j Desktop - Invalid URL: --allow-file-access-from-files

abarkova
Node Link

Hello everyone,

I try to install the neosemantics plugin (or any plugin in fact) on neo4j desktop from the Graph Apps Gallery and I get this error:

When I go to the Log file, I get this:

[2021-11-15 16:30:04.955] [error] Protocol Manager error TypeError [ERR_INVALID_URL]: Invalid URL: --allow-file-access-from-files
    at onParseError (internal/url.js:259:9)
    at new URL (internal/url.js:335:5)
    at t.default (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:201924)
    at App.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:231481)
    at App.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at App.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
    at App.emitter.emit (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sentry\electron\dist\main\integrations\electron.js:63:25)

I then tried to install the plugin from the downloaded .jar file and I got this error:

[2021-11-15 16:37:33.221] [error] Graph app installation failed Error: Refusing to create a directory outside the output path.
    at C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\decompress\index.js:30:12
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
    at async f.addGraphApp (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:74774)
    at async C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:45770

I am already familiar with this issue but none of the provided answers resolved my problem.

Technical details:
neo4j Desktop version: 1.4.9
neosemantics plugin version: 4.3.0.1

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Anastasia

3 REPLIES 3

mbandor
Graph Voyager

I have the same issue. I ended up using the link for the plug in and doing a manual installation from the main Desktop screen. That got me past that error and allowed the plug in to be installed.

Hello @mbandor ,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried to do that and it didn't work 😞 I copied this link: https://github.com/neo4j-labs/neosemantics/releases/download/4.3.0.1/neosemantics-4.3.0.1.jar and pasted it in the Install section.
Here is the error that I get, still the same one on the output path:

[2021-11-17 10:11:02.027] [error] Graph app installation failed Error: Refusing to create a directory outside the output path.
    at C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\decompress\index.js:30:12
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
    at async f.addGraphApp (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:74774)
    at async C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:45770

Try this link for a manual installation: https://registry.npmjs.org/@graphapps/neosemantics

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.