cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an html link with cypher query using a variable

Sar
Node Link

Hello,
Is it possible to do something like this below to generate clickable links taking the user to my NEO4J web browser instance with a cypher code to be plugged in directly?

<a href='http://my.online.neo4j.browser.link/?cypher=CodeForCypher...variable...EndCode < /a>

I show the imaginary html link way of doing it above as an example how I would like it to work. Is there any way to program something that would take text from somewhere and plug it into the browser directly? I know my alternative is generating a Cypher code file and asking the user to download it and plug it into the browser; just checking if there is a more convenient way for the user.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jo_nathan
Node Clone

Hi.
As far as I know: Neo4J Browser is for development purposes. What you want is not supported by it.

Most likely you'll want to build a visualization layer on top of your DB.
Skim this article.
Maybe NeoDash is right for you.
There are javascript libraries also.
Example (Article is 4 years old)

@Sar

Browser URL parameters - Neo4j Browser describes parameters you can pass on command line but do not see where we can pass a cypher statement

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.