cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to preallocate additional space for store file

kcw
Node Link

Strange error in debug log.

Caused by: org.neo4j.exceptions.UnderlyingStorageException: java.io.IOException: Fail to preallocate additional space for store file at: neostore.relationshipstore.db. Requested file size: 2550136832. Call error: ErrorCode=27, errorMessage='File too large'
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.CommonAbstractStore.updateRecord(CommonAbstractStore.java:941) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.NeoStoreTransactionApplier.updateStore(NeoStoreTransactionApplier.java:214) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.NeoStoreTransactionApplier.visitRelationshipCommand(NeoStoreTransactionApplier.java:100) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.Command$RelationshipCommand.handle(Command.java:260) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.TransactionApplierFacade.visit(TransactionApplierFacade.java:57) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.TransactionApplierFacade.visit(TransactionApplierFacade.java:32) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.log.PhysicalTransactionRepresentation.accept(PhysicalTransactionRepresentation.java:82) ~[neo4j-kernel-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.api.TransactionToApply.accept(TransactionToApply.java:153) ~[neo4j-kernel-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*
at org.neo4j.internal.recordstorage.RecordStorageEngine.apply(RecordStorageEngine.java:505) ~[neo4j-record-storage-engine-4.4.4.jar:4.4.4]*

Any Idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kcw

hard to say,
is there any context about this error?
Is this error encountered at time of startup? at time of online-ing the database? at time of backup ?

does linux command

ulimit -a

report an unlimited file size?

and if i forceibly set a exceeding low limit as a test I can reproduce a File size limit exceeded(core dumped), though not exactly the same but similar.
And if so this doesnt appear to be a Neo4j failure per say, but more so behaving as expected given the low file size limit of linux

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

dana_canzano
Neo4j
Neo4j

@kcw
I presume this is Neo4j 4.4.4? correct? if not can you provide further specifics.

Does your file system have ample free disk space, i.e. from a linux command run df -h

Yes. 4.4.4

I have plenty of disk space.

3X_9_0_9078fd5b6f39734b2010f30b58580f7d8239ab6b.png

kcw
Node Link

kcw
Node Link

@dana.canzano Any Ideas?

@kcw

hard to say,
is there any context about this error?
Is this error encountered at time of startup? at time of online-ing the database? at time of backup ?

does linux command

ulimit -a

report an unlimited file size?

and if i forceibly set a exceeding low limit as a test I can reproduce a File size limit exceeded(core dumped), though not exactly the same but similar.
And if so this doesnt appear to be a Neo4j failure per say, but more so behaving as expected given the low file size limit of linux

@kcw

any progress? was the OS limiting the max file size?

kcw
Node Link

Yes, it was!!!

Thanks.

@kcw
great to hear it wasnt directly a Neo4j limitation/issue

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.