cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in Full Text between 3.5 and 4.1 in Bloom

andy_hegedus
Graph Voyager

Hi,
I have a 3.5.14 database that I am having trouble updating to 4.1.0 so as work around I have created a new 4.1.0 database.

In the 3.5.14 database when I enter the search term "atomic layer deposition" (without quotes) I am returned three nodes that in a property the exact term atomic layer deposition occurs.
In the 4.1.0 database with the same search term, I am returned 500 nodes and they do not need to have the exact search term, but only a single word match such as layer or atomic.

How do I get the behavior that is present in the 3.5.14 database in the 4.1.0 one?
If I quote the search I get 2 results that are actually different than the 3.5.14 results which is very worrisome.

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

webtic
Graph Fellow

Not familiar with Bloom.
Are you able to reproduce this with a Cypher query?
There is another recent case where search results where unexpectedly different after an upgrade, see Really weird: query not returning expected data after upgrade from 3.5.16 community to 3.5.19 enterp...

Thanks for tagging this post for me! We might have similar problems: I noticed some weird behavior in a Linkurious instance connected to my Neo4j instance. Since Linkurious also uses a full text index like Bloom, I wonder if this related.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.