cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop 1.2.4, version 4.00 cannot open successfully filled db from version 3.5.14

irler_clesius
Node Clone

Hi there,
trying to open db I get this error in log:
2020-01-15 15:49:04.468+0000 INFO ======== Neo4j 4.0.0 ========
2020-01-15 15:49:04.473+0000 INFO Starting...
2020-01-15 15:49:05.108+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@2bb3058' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "'long org.jctools.util.UnsafeAccess.fieldOffset(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String)'". Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@2bb3058' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "'long org.jctools.util.UnsafeAccess.fieldOffset(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String)'".
org.neo4j.server.ServerStartupException: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@2bb3058' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "'long org.jctools.util.UnsafeAccess.fieldOffset(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String)'".
at org.neo4j.server.exception.ServerStartupErrors.translateToServerStartupError(ServerStartupErrors.java:45)
at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:163)
at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:114)
at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:89)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseEntryPoint.main(EnterpriseEntryPoint.java:25)
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@2bb3058' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "'long org.jctools.util.UnsafeAccess.fieldOffset(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String)'".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:465)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:156)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'long org.jctools.util.UnsafeAccess.fieldOffset(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String)'
at org.jctools.queues.MpmcArrayQueueProducerIndexField.(MpmcArrayQueue.java:38)
at org.jctools.queues.QueueFactory.newQueue(QueueFactory.java:61)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.util.collection.CachingOffHeapBlockAllocator.(CachingOffHeapBlockAllocator.java:77)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.module.GlobalModule.createCollectionsFactorySupplier(GlobalModule.java:395)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.module.GlobalModule.(GlobalModule.java:184)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.createGlobalModule(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:212)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.build(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:117)
at com.neo4j.server.database.EnterpriseGraphFactory.newDatabaseManagementService(EnterpriseGraphFactory.java:38)
at org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService.start(LifecycleManagingDatabaseService.java:88)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:444)
... 5 more

What todo?
WJI

2 REPLIES 2

nielsson4711
Node Clone

I can only assume relevant details of your setup.
Guessing you try to open a 3.5.14 database with desktop 1.2.4 and 4.0.0 drivers, I suggest:
a) export the 3.5.14 databases content facilitating "dump" into a file.
b) import that dump into the desktoop installation (using "load")

hi,
it's not the db, must be an incompatibility between desktop 1.2.4 and 4.0.0:
db in 4.0.0 had been force-imported from 3.5.14 version -> error
db can be dumped from 4.0.0 version, a reload today -> same error
force-imported the 3.5.14 dump to a new db works fine.
In my copy above I had not copied the two warnings bevore the logged error:

2020-01-17 08:21:19.873+0000 WARN  Use of deprecated setting dbms.active_database. It is replaced by dbms.default_database
2020-01-17 08:21:19.877+0000 WARN  Unrecognized setting. No declared setting with name: dbms.connector.bolt.address

perhaps there's some inconsistency in the 4.0.0 version I had simply upgraded.
BTW, first start of 4.0.0 necessitated java 11 with JAVA_HOME set, which my old java 8 hadn't.
WJI

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.