cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n10s.inference.nodesInCategory: How to define multiple relationships for inCatRel?

johanna
Node

Hi all,
I am working with neosemantics nodesInCategory algorithm to drive inferences. I have only seen examples where one relationship label for inCatRel was specified. My problem is, that I have two distinct relationship types that need to be considered for inCatRel (one relationship with label “is_a” and a second relationship with label “belongs_to”). I tried to list the two distinct relationship labels like this – but it doesn’t work:

MATCH (n:Resource {label: “test”}) 
CALL n10s.inference.nodesInCategory(n, {inCatRel, subCatRel: "subClassOf"}) WHERE inCatRel="is_a" XOR "belongs_to" yield node return node

Does anyone have an idea how multiple relationships can be defined for inCatRel? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @johanna, I'm not sure I understand the structure of the graph you describe.
Is it something like this?

(instance1:Instance)-[:belongs_to]->(cat1:Category)-[:is_a]->(parentcat1:Category)-[]->(grandparentCat1:Category)

instances connecting to their class via belongs_to and classes organized hierarchically via is_a ?
Or am I getting it wrong?

Maybe you can post a cypher fragment to recreate a bit of your graph so we can try to reproduce it?

Cheers,

JB.

jens_lauer
Node

Hello @jesus.barrasa, it's no good, tha johanna did'nt respond to your question, but today I have the same inquiry. I would like to use n10s for search similar to what n10s documentation says, but more levels deeper then there.

I adopted the example so I have three labels in. I changed the labelNames from "LCSHTopic" which I did not understand to "ScienceTopic" and added "ArtTopic" and "MechTopic". I also changed the Edge-Types from NARROWER_THEN wich I understand neither to PART_OF and added two other (BELONGS_TO and USES).

When I would add some paper ("Work"), maybe called "the beautyness of diamonds... " and link it to the "Jewelry" node then I want to have an search parametrizable which cound list/find this even when one looks for "Crystals and life" if I allow more "hops" then one.

How to do this?
Regards
--jens

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.