cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'flow' isn't currently enabled ../type.js file

anyuruf
Node

Hello am a newbie with "web dev". Try to follow along the example code from graphql/examples/neo-push at master · neo4j/graphql · GitHub repository. I changed everything from typescript to javascript. Renamed all the files to *.js and removed any typescript code.
The types.js renamed from .ts
types.js : {
import { Driver } from "neo4j-driver";
import { OGM } from "@neo4j/graphql-ogm";

export type Context = {
ogm: OGM;
adminOverride?: boolean;
driver: Driver;
};
}

When I try to run the start script I get this error """

/api/src/gql/index.js: Support for the experimental syntax 'flow' isn't currently enabled (12:8):

10 | export const typeDefs = [User.typeDefs, Member.typeDefs, Comment.typeDefs];
11 |

12 | export type Context = {
| ^
13 | ogm: OGM;
14 | adminOverride?: boolean;
15 | driver: Driver;

Add @babel/preset-flow (babel/packages/babel-preset-flow at master · babel/babel · GitHub) to the 'presets' section of your Babel config to enable transformation.
"""

Basically am stuck can't install and configure flow. I there a way I could disable this feature?
Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

anyuruf
Node

I run "npm install --save-dev @babel/plugin-syntax-flow" install syntax-flow pkg and enabled the plugin from the babel config by adding : ["@babel/plugin-syntax-flow"] to the plugin section.

My new error is " Exporting local "Context", which is not declared.
2 | import { OGM } from "@neo4j/graphql-ogm";
3 |

4 | export type Context = {
| ^^^^^^^
5 | ogm: OGM;
6 | adminOverride?: boolean;
"
code: 'BABEL_TRANSFORM_ERROR'

Thanks in advance

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.