cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling issues with golang gobolt + Seabolt driver

jmadan
Node

Hi,

I am trying to run the sample code available at (https://neo4j.com/developer/go/) using golang neo4j driver but running into issues.
I have build the seabolt 1.7.4 from source.
Have the following variables in place
PKG_CONFIG_PATH pointing to seabolt-1.7.4/build/dist/share/pkgconfig
OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=/usr/local/opt/openssl
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/seabolt-1.7.4/build/dist/lib

When I try to build my code with command
env GOOS=linux go build -ldflags="-s -w" --tags seabolt_static -o bin/user users/user.go

I get the following error

github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt

../pkg/mod/github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt@v1.7.4/connector_worker.go:30:14: undefined: Config
../pkg/mod/github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt@v1.7.4/connector_worker.go:31:15: undefined: seaboltConnector

Can anyone point me in right direction.

• Go
2 REPLIES 2

jeremy
Node Clone

We also getting the same issue / waiting on response from Neo4J other than check the version number

github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt

../../github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt/connector_worker.go:30:14: undefined: Config
../../github.com/neo4j-drivers/gobolt/connector_worker.go:31:15: undefined: seaboltConnector

ali_ince
Neo4j
Neo4j

Hi @jmadan,

Go driver doesn't support cross compilation scenarios (just because it depends on a native library - seabolt - through cgo). Does it successfully build when you don't specify GOOS as part of the go build command, i.e. does it build and run on macos?

The only suggestion I could make for you is probably to use a docker based pipeline so that you can build a static binary that you could deploy to your staging environment. I think this Dockerfile would be a good starting point.

Thanks.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.