cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read property 'isInt' of undefined

Hello,
I'm running a very simple graphql query via the graphql cli tool.
I get the error: "Cannot read property 'isInt' of undefined".
Any idea why?

query test($name: String) {
Person(name: $name) {
first,
last
}
}

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

Hello Eric, I see you're using a function with parameters are you correctly passing those in via the graphiql tools? You might want to try manually passing the parameter to ensure that it's working that way.

I invoke the cli tool as follow:
graphql query test "Joe smith"

It's working fine using the grahpql service in a browser.

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

What does your GraphQL Schema look like? I'm assuming:

type Person {
firstName: String,
lastName: String
}

If that's the case you need to have a corresponding variable in your query, with what you currently have it I think it would be:

query test($name: String){
Person(first: $name){
first,
last}
}

I'm not sure your schema is quite matching up with your query.

The query matches the schema. It works using the graphql service in a browser but not with the cli tool. It seems something is not configured properly with the cli tool. That's the stacktrace I get:

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'isInt' of undefined",
" at /app/node_modules/neo4j-graphql-js/dist/utils.js:224:25",
" at baseClone (/app/node_modules/neo4j-graphql-js/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:2627:67)",
" at Function.cloneDeepWith (/app/node_modules/neo4j-graphql-js/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:11121:14)",
" at extractQueryResult (/app/node_modules/neo4j-graphql-js/dist/utils.js:223:31)",
" at _callee$ (/app/node_modules/neo4j-graphql-js/dist/index.js:114:76)",
" at tryCatch (/app/node_modules/@babel/runtime-corejs2/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:45:40)",
" at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/app/node_modules/@babel/runtime-corejs2/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:271:22)",
" at Generator.prototype. [as next] (/app/node_modules/@babel/runtime-corejs2/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:97:21)",
" at asyncGeneratorStep (/app/node_modules/@babel/runtime-corejs2/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:5:24)",
" at _next (/app/node_modules/@babel/runtime-corejs2/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:27:9)"

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

How are you passing the variable? Here's an example from a project I've worked on so it won't match your query of course:

But it's the proper way to pass the variable. If you feel like you can you might share, your type definition and if you're using Neo4j-graphql-js as well.

Thanks for your replies. I figured it out. I needed to clear the npm cache and reinstall core-js. It's working now

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

Glad you got it working.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

On November 16 and 17 for 24 hours across all timezones, you’ll learn about best practices for beginners and experts alike.