Want to create a Tree Structure Sidebar menu in Grandstack

Hei -

I have finished a contract for a company documenting a very complicate SQL Server job structure, and am left with a Neo4j database with some 1200-1500 nodes of jobs, steps, stored procedures (Executables), called executables, table references, table columns, etc (Server data and other extra goodies).

I never found a good way of presenting the information, though the Neo4j database did allow me to get information that was practically impossibl otherwise (for example, what jobs would be affected by changes to an executable or table.)

GrandStack would be great, if I could create a simple tree structure menu/sidebar - populated with Job Names, which could be then expanded to steps, Executable, table references, etc, with the right-hand side of the page showing node attribute details (and the possibility of adding documentation information directly in that context).

I could get GraphQL to read my database no problem, but the GrandStack sample video and code don't quite match up (didn't a few months ago anyway), and I simply could not get a sample Tree Structure to populate with a GraphQL query.

I am now doing this now at my own expense, with the idea that if I can show them a working application, they might be interested in investing further in Neo4j work. At least I would have something to show off to another client.

I have even considered hiring some expert for a few hours to just get me ove the hump, once a tree menu is initialized, I am clever enough to extend the programming to all the nodes.

Any help/suggestions on how I could get past this impasse? A bit frustrating to be so incredibly close, but still nothing to show.

mvh Charles

I don't know if you've been able to play with the graph app gallery but it has some very nice visualization tools and you can just add the apps right on your desktop. I'm not sure about total integration into your sight but I've found the yFiles app to be very helpful.

If you're still stuck please feel free to post the queries, etc. you're using and we can take a look there.