Please participate in the research study on graph!

Hi everyone,
I am Nafisa Anzum, a Master's student at the University of Waterloo in Canada. For my Master's thesis, I am developing a software called GraphWrangler, to help users extract graph out of tabular data (e.g., CSV files, spreadsheets, or relational databases). Specifically, GraphWrangler is meant to serve two purposes: (1) help users visualize and see their tabular as a graph; and (2) transform their tabular data into a graph format so that they can move their tabular data into the format of a graph software, such as a graph database or a graph visualization software. We recently wrote a demonstration paper (in SIGMOD 2019), and have a video, where we describe the initial version of the software.

I am now trying to see how I can turn this research prototype into something more useful for actual users in the rest of my thesis work. So I am doing a user study as part of a study and trying to talk to actual users who extract graphs out of tabular data (or other forms of data) and do graph exploration on this data. I want to understand their use cases and how GraphWrangler can turn into something that can benefit them, and hopefully get their feedback.

If you are such a user, would you be willing to chat with me, to participate in the study? Your experiences and insights would be very instrumental in improving the GraphWrangler system.

Please email me (Nafisa Anzum, nanzum@uwaterloo.ca) with if you would be willing to help and I really appreciate your time reading this email.

Thanks,
Nafisa

1 Like