Need help with Visualization

Hey,
I have 2.5 million nodes which have 2.3 million parent-child relationships. So I need to display these nodes and relationships as a tree. I have tried using Python Neo4j-Graphistry Plugin and when I run the cypher query that limits the relationships to 20 it works. But when the limit is not specified then it hangs and disconnects.

MATCH p=()-[r:CHILD_OF]->() RETURN p 

Are there any specific tools to help me visualize all nodes and relationships from the root node to end nodes?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I hope it is okay to recommend our own product here... If not, please let me know.

Depending on what you want to do with that many nodes and relations at once, the aggregated representation of our SemSpect Graph App may help. We just released a beta version, give it a try and let me know what you think: https://www.semspect.de

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. I have installed SemSpect but it throws me a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" error when I try to expand the graph using Reachable categories. Is there any way by which I bypass this error?

Try increasing the heap space allocated to your DBMS.
Search for dbms.memory.heap.max_size in the settings.

Hi,
I have tried increasing the memory, but then it's not displaying all 2.5 million nodes and 2.3 million relationships. I want to display my graph as a rooted tree similar to this picture below,
rooted tree.

Thanks

The tree representation is not really suited for millions of nodes.
What is the question you want to answer?

1 Like